Thursday 12 January 2012

The Termination Of The Developing Progeny

I love children, most of the time! Haha
Sure they are loud, crazy, a lot of work, copious amounts of responsibility, and expensive.
But all in all, they are wonderful.
Amazing. Pure. Full of life.

People think that babies are only humans once they have been born.
I completely disagree.
When I was pregnant with Jude I went to a doctors appointment during the beginning of my pregnancy.
The first time I heard his heartbeat, my goodness, it was beautiful.
I cried.
It was a beautiful moment.
The doctor informed me that his heart was the size of the tip of a match, and we could hear it beating.
Wow.
Talk about amazing.
I loved him so much at that point, but that day, my love for him grew immensely.

So how can people think that babies are not humans!
It does not make sense.
Life starts at conception.
They are human beings.

People say that they are not humans so they can be sexually irresponsible and get abortions.
This is a very controversial matter, and most people just will not take sides to avoid confrontation.
I am not one of those people.
When I have an opinion, I voice it.

The Bible does not use the words *abortion* or *prolife*
But it does speak of life beginning in the womb, not once the baby is born:

*The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations* (Jeremiah 1:4-5)

*Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.* (Isaiah 46:3-4)

It even speaks of murder, and how abortion is murder:

*Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked* (Psalm 82:3-4)

*Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?* (Proverbs 24:11-12)

They are babies. Amazing, wonderful, innocent, and pure. They have fingernails. Little eyelashes. Baby toes!
How could anyone justify terminating such life!

BUT!
There is hope and forgiveness for those of whom have aborted a baby!
Yes, you have destroyed a life.
But God is a loving and forgiving God, and he will forgive you if you seek it.

*Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.* (Psalm 51:1-2)

*Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.* (Psalm 51:9-10)

*If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives. My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.* (1 John 1:9-2:1)

2 comments:

  1. So well said Sarah, you are quiet good at articulating you thoughts, I pray you are doing well and please continue to blog, you have a gift for it!

    ReplyDelete